Wearing a mask
You and your patient must wear an appropriate mask for the duration of the visit unless exempted as per Ministry of Health guidelines. For more information, please refer to the MoH website.
The COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires all Health practitioners providing health services to patients in person to be vaccinated.
The time frames are:
- 1st dose by 11:59pm 15 November 2021
- 2nd dose by 11:59pm 01 January 2022
Please review the guidance (including exceptions and exemptions) from the Ministry of Health here.
The COVID Protection Framework (Traffic light system)
IPC precautions are the primary mechanism to protect yourself and the people you see. Some obligations still apply to you under the order. Please see clause 104 of the Order, and the controls specified in schedules 6 and 7 in the Order.
You can see patients face to face if the following processes are in place:
- adherence to the mandatory vaccination order
- screening for COVID-19 symptoms prior to face-to-face appointment
- physical distancing measures
- infection prevention control measures including PPE where required.
- Transmission precaution measures including consideration of ventilation
When considering travel within and between regions ensure all risks have been taken into account before undertaking to provide care to patients and traveling to receive training.
Click on the following links for:
- COVID-19 Public Health Response (Protection Framework) Order 2021
- Allied Health COVID protection framework
- Additional guidance for Allied Health services
As a registered Chiropractor you are expected to:
- Stay well informed of all Government announcements regarding changes to Alert Levels and practice according to the appropriate Policy and Guidelines for the current Alert Level.
- Adhere to Government orders and Ministry of Health and Board directives and policies.
- Ensure you are familiar with the Ministry of Health dedicated page for Allied Health, and regularly check it for updates: COVID-19: Advice for Community Allied Health, Scientific and Technical Providers
- Follow Ministry of Health advice regarding the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), all PPE enquiries must be made to the Ministry of Health.